Case Studies that demonstrate a substantial return on investment
Case studies tell powerful stories of results. Review this sampling of Synchrono case studies to learn how we’ve helped transform these manufacturers – reducing inventory and lead times, increasing capacity, improving on-time delivery and more with real-time, demand-driven solutions.
Orbital ATK Proves the Merits of SyncKanban Software
This case study reviews the strategy and results of a new Lean project at the Aerospace Structures Division (ASD) of Orbital ATK. The goal of the project was to impact two key inventory metrics – improve inventory turns and reduce inventory cost; specifically, waste associated with material scrap.
- 30% WIP Inventory Reduction
- 90% Reduction in Scrap
- Consolidated 16 Replenishment Processes into SyncKanban
Download the case study to learn why this project was awarded one of the top 100 supply chain projects by Supply & Demand Chain Executive.
Orbital ATK, Aerospace Structures Division
Orbital ATK is a leading supplier of composite structures for the aerospace and defense industries.
- Increased A350 program from a 1 rate to a 4 rate with an expected 12 rate in two years.
- Decreased costs by effectively managing resources and downtime events.
- Reduced unplanned work stoppages caused by ineffective processes and machine downtime events.
- Fewer missed shipments and lower inventory buffer requirements.
Case study on the Synchrono® Demand-Driven Manufacturing Platform:
Watch the video case study presented at the IndustryWeek Manufacturing and Technology Conference:
Dynisco Client Success Story
Dynisco is a leader in plastics extrusion processing and the manufacturer of Vertex™, an innovative mercury-free pressure sensor.
- Reduced replenishment inventory by 40%
- Improved inventory turns by 91%
- Lead times reduced from 12 to 2 weeks increasing revenue by millions
GIW Industries Client Success Story
GIW is a single source manufacturer of slurry and process pumps
- Improved delivery predictability.
- Shrunk cycle times.
- Doubled revenue in just 2.5 years.
Rex Materials Group (RMG) Client Success Story
Rex Materials provides heat containment solutions.
- Reduced lead times from 3-4 weeks to less than 5 days.
- Improved on-time shipments from 50% to 98%.
Wenger Case Study
Wenger is a capital equipment manufacturer for extrusion processing applications
- Reduced inventory by 15%, primarily in WIP areas.
- Decreased low-stock items by 25%.
Sumiden Wire Case Study
Sumiden Wire is a manufacturer for the spring industry, and a subsidiary of Sumitomo
- Increased production by 10%, setting all-time record.
- Increased single-machine utilization capacity from 65% to 100%
Sundowner Trailers Case Study
Sundowner Trailers manufacturers premium horse trailers
- Implemented in just 4 months.
- Reduced day-long reporting to seconds.